Messages: Please use the inbrite.com forum for our discussions & Q&A.

News: It is reported that iTunes 9 is compatible with jailbroked iPhones... Now I got an iPhone 3GS. I will be posting something about it...

Sponsors links:

Monday, August 07, 2006

How to backup/restore shortcuts

2 ways to backup/restore shortcuts
using P2KAE or manually
You might have renamed or re-arranged the shortcuts after flashing to my MPs, and you want to be able to restore them after each flashing. I found there are 2 ways to backup shortcuts before flashing and restore them after flashing. First is using P2KAE (P2K advanced editor), and the second is backup & restore seem files manually.

Using P2KAE
1. connect your phone to PC via USB and open P2KAE
2. select "Phone Services" -> "Shortcuts"
3. click "Read from phone"
4. keep the P2KAE window open and do flashing (the version of P2KAE I am using cannot save the shortcuts into a file. not sure whether newer version can do it.)
5. after flashing, connect your phone again
6. once P2KAE recognises the phone, click "Write to phone" to restore the shortcuts.
(P2KAE doesn't support Chinese characters in shortcuts.)

screenshot:


Do it manually
1. connect your phone to PC via USB and open any seem editor (P2KTools or Motokits)
2. save seem 0002_0001, 0002_0002, 0002_0003, ... up to the total number of shortcuts, into seem files.
3. flash your phone
4. after flashing, creat as many dummy shortcuts as the number of shortcuts before flashing.
5. use seem editor to write the saved seem files into phone again.

Not very useful, but just want to share with you.

Download:
P2KAE: [inbrite.com]

Sponsors links:

9 comments:

5:42 AM, August 09, 2006 Anonymous said...

Is it possible to extract the original IM menu from the T-mobile firmware (It contains AIM and Yahoo apps that were preinstalled and work very nicely) and put it onto a phone that is running your mod? I really love the mod and i dont really want to go back to the original firmware. Thanks..

Jeff
skij710@yahoo.com

11:08 AM, August 09, 2006 Yuet said...

jeff, my mod has IM in Tools menu. You only need to setup your AIM/yahoo accounts and the T-mobile network setting, then you can use it. For T-mobile setting, you can contact T-mobile to find out.

8:16 AM, August 11, 2006 Anonymous said...

Your mod is great, but I wish it came with more "plain" ringers like T-Mobile phones do. I just extracted a few and uploaded them: http://rapidshare.de/files/28952887/plainringers.rar.html

They're only 5kb, so it would be great if you would add some or all to the next MP.

3:05 PM, August 11, 2006 Anonymous said...

Hi! I've ben struggling with the same dilemma as skij710@yahoo.com. While the instructions you give are true, they only apply if you are signed up for T-Mobile's Web or similar GPRS service. If I'm not mistaken, skij710@yahoo.com is referring to his normal USA T-Mobile flexed phone that has (had) mobile AIM software installed. If so, this software connects through T-Mobile's messaging (sms) service (i.e. each sentence sent or received counts as one sms message). T-Mobile has great messaging packages, so this actually works out pretty well.

Working on this problem is the very thing that bricked my V360 recently, while doing a seem edit to add AIM and making (incorrectly) the edits to the mma to add it to the menu...

I'll let you and skij710@yahoo.com both know what happens after my upcoming experiment. I'm going dig in to a friends T-Mobile branded V3 and try to extract the AOL stuff and pop it into wvim. We'll see what happens. If you have any input before I dive into this adventure please advise. Regards, brettstar.

9:15 PM, August 11, 2006 Yuet said...

brettstar, I have tried to enable AIM, but it seems that this ABR firmware doesn't support his feature. I think firmware from US should have it. The AIM service you mentioned is too much carrier-specific. I have no idea about it. Good luck exprimenting.

9:33 PM, August 11, 2006 Yuet said...

thanks for the "plain" ringers, they are in v1.6.

2:52 AM, August 13, 2006 Anonymous said...

RE: AIM. So I sifted thru file after file and see no definitive sign of AIM on my friends V3 phone that has AIM in the factory T-Mobile flex. Aside from an AOL splash and midi sound for AIM, the only other visual sign of AIM is in the mma files. I'm wondering if it would help if you could view the mma_ucp file? I really think it is easier to get AIM up and running than it seems, it's just finding the right configuration. It would be great if AIM could be an option for the 1.6 mod update. Please let me know how I can get this mma file to you, if you wish to see it.

Cheers, brettstar

10:59 AM, August 13, 2006 Yuet said...

brettstar, actually I had successfully put the AIM in the phone menu before, but when pressing the AIM menu, it just doesn't do anything.

To put AIM in menu, I have put AIM menu code in the mma file, and I have edit a seem to enable AIM in phone menu. So I think the AIM code is not in the ABR firmware.

If you know any V360 phone has AIM, check its firmware version and let me know.

1:47 PM, August 13, 2006 Anonymous said...

Yuet, thanks for your response. The phone with AIM that I examined is a V3. The firmware is R374_G_0E.42.09R. I will try to get a hold of a V360 and forward the firmware version to you. It will be really great to have this feature as an available option. I appreciate your attention to this. B*.


yuetblog.blogspot.com Web