Messages: Please use the inbrite.com forum for our discussions & Q&A.

News: It is reported that iTunes 9 is compatible with jailbroked iPhones... Now I got an iPhone 3GS. I will be posting something about it...

Sponsors links:

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fix checksum errors in MP

Ultimate way to fix checksum errors in MP
This is the method I always used to fix the checksum errors in the MP.

Tools you need:
1. RSD Lite
2. RandomSHX
3. HexEditor

Steps:

1. flash the MP with checksum errors, using RSDLite.

2. open the FlashErrorLog1.log file in RSDLite folder, look for checksum errors similar to those in the attached image in the forum. The file checksum is the one in your file, which is wrong. The phone checksum is the correct one.

3. use RandomSHX to extract your MP into bins.

4. open the 0.bin file using hex editor.

5. search for the file checksum. You need to swap the bytes. For example, if the file checksum is 0x8D8A, you should search for 8A8D in the hex editor.

6. replace the file checksum with phone checksum. You also need to swap the bytes. For example, if the phone checksum is 0x8C39, you should replace the file checksum with 398C.

7. repeat steps 5-6 until you fix all the checksum errors in the log.

8. save the 0.bin file and compile the MP using RandomSHX.

Discussion thread in inbrite.com forum

Sponsors links:

2 comments:

7:04 PM, August 01, 2007 Anonymous said...

Great work, Yuet, like always.
I want to ask you if I change the RAMDLD used when I compile with RandomSHX, the checksum might differ? I think yes, but I hope the answer will be no, because I cannot test on my phone all the versions to make a perfect MP.

P.S. The inbrite.com site might have serious issues, once per day I cannot connect to it. Do you know how to fix that?
Thanks

2:23 PM, August 05, 2007 Yuet said...

If you can't access www.inbrite.com, try to add this line into the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts:
70.47.108.245 www.inbrite.com


yuetblog.blogspot.com Web