Messages: Please use the inbrite.com forum for our discussions & Q&A.

News: It is reported that iTunes 9 is compatible with jailbroked iPhones... Now I got an iPhone 3GS. I will be posting something about it...

Sponsors links:

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Change system sounds

How to change system sounds
for YuetMod v2.x only
Only certain firmwares allow you to change system sounds. My YuetMod v2.0 MP is one of them.

First, you need to prepare the sound files. They must be Wave files and the format must be 8khz, 8 bits and mono. I found a freeware "WaveForm" (if I am not wrong) can convert sound files to this format. Search for it.

Second, you need to edit two SEEMs to enable customisable system sounds. Here is the SEEMs:
SEEM 0032_001 Offset 82 bit 6 - (set on)
SEEM 0032_001 Offset 6D bit 6 - (set on)

Lastly, upload your custom wav files to: /a/, then restart the phone.

Followings are the names & description of the sound files:

LBatChrg.wav ---> start battery charge
LEndList.wav ---> end battery charge or end of serie
LBatLow.wav ---> Advert low battery
LKeyMenu.wav ---> Accesing to "menu" via menu key
LKeySend.wav ---> send key or calling
LScroFst.wav ---> fast scrool
LKeyEnd.wav ---> end key
LError.wav ---> error sound
LScroll.wav ---> normal scroll
LKeyHold.wav ---> holding the menu key for a shortcut
LSoftKey.wav ---> joystick key sound
LCalTimr.wav ---> 1 min beep on a call
LDevDrop.wav ---> disconnecting device
LDevCnct.wav ---> connecting device
LCalDrop.wav ---> Error of network or wap
LConfim.wav ---> there is no confirm
LDelText.wav ---> delete text
LNegate.wav ---> ? (not sure)

I am going to make a sound pack for YuetMod v2.1. :-)

Sponsors links:

14 comments:

10:58 AM, November 18, 2006 Anonymous said...

Hello Yuet, can i change this sound in Yuet mod 1.8? Tanks from Argentina

11:33 AM, November 18, 2006 Yuet said...

No, the firmware in v1.8 doesn't have this feature.

12:31 PM, November 18, 2006 Anonymous said...

lolz.. I wish I could do that too.. because the version 2.x has no iTunes,no java app,no ringtone on TF..

Yuet, why u don't enable all of those? can you make a 2.x MP that includes iTunes, java app, and support ringtone on TF card?

3:57 PM, November 23, 2006 Anonymous said...

hello Yuet,
but what firmware has the Ver 2.0 of yuor MP?

11:01 PM, November 25, 2006 Yuet said...

azreen, I didn't do it because I don't know how.

stefanom82, the firmware is B7R.

1:44 AM, March 15, 2007 Anonymous said...

Yuet can u explainme how to change the sistem sounds changing some of the CG... Please I NEED to change one of the sounds that is driving me crazy..., THX... see u!

11:44 AM, March 15, 2007 Yuet said...

ok, I will write a guide for it.

2:07 PM, March 15, 2007 Anonymous said...

THX U VERY MUCH!!! I will be waitin anxiusly that guide, this sounds are driving me crazy really... please don't use too much brain on this, jus a couple of words to guide us through the proces...

Let me say that I admire the dadication you put on this blog... THX...

11:21 AM, March 30, 2007 Anonymous said...

Hi Yuet.
Where can I find the originals sounds?
I just want to change the low-battery sound to silence.
Please, help to get rid of this miserable sound! :)
Adriano

12:38 AM, April 10, 2007 Anonymous said...

Hi Yuet! It´s me again! :)
1 - Is it possible to make the changes to the SEEMs and only upload the system sound for low battery?
2 - Is there any way of extract the original system sounds of some CGx?
Thank you!
Adriano.

5:06 PM, April 10, 2007 Yuet said...

pela, terribly sorry. I haven't written the guide. if you want to get started, please search for the program syssound, then use this program to replace the system sounds in CG1.

Adriano, 1. I have tried to locate the sound in CG1, but nothing was found. 2. possible if the firmware stores sounds in wav format in CG1. I think syssound can do it.

9:54 PM, April 18, 2007 Anonymous said...

Hi Yuet, I kind of try it, but nothing happened, I changed extract the CG1 and made some kind of patch I don´t know... Then that patch I puted in the phone with the flash&backup but nothing changed... maybge u can give me a clue haha, see u!

7:41 PM, September 04, 2008 Anonymous said...

Hello, Yuet!
I can't find offset 82. Can u help me? Please contact me on Y!Messenger, my ID is mast3r_bogdy . Sorry for poor english.

6:50 PM, September 05, 2008 Anonymous said...

Sorry for my noob question (^upper^) :))
I made a SoundPack... Is tested ;)
Download it from here: http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=SoundPack.rar
I hope you like it!
See`ya soon!
If u want, contact me on yahoo (mast3r_bogdy)


yuetblog.blogspot.com Web